Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently discovered a book By D.L. Moody entitled Moody's

Customer Question

I recently discovered a book By D.L. Moody entitled Moody's Latest Sermons. It has a copyright date of 1900. It says that it is an "authorized edition printed from verbatim reports". It is in rough condition.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Also in the same box is a book entitled The Lady of The Lake. It also states that it one of the Lake English Classics.It was edited by William Vaughn Moody, A.M. It's copyright date is 1902. Is has an inscription in it that stated "Presented by Miss Ella C Herron, Buffalo, Pa. to Maggie Sellars" Maggie was my grandmother. The book is hardback but is also in poor condition, yet much better condition than the aforementioned Moody book.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Both of these books have been stored in a small box for many years. That is about all I know about them. If you have questions I will attampt to answer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Can you tell me the exact title of each book, who published it and the publishing date. Also rate each book condition 1-10 with 10 being best condition.

Glenda