Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have recently purchased 1, 12" black boy doll. Pouty face

Customer Question

Hello. Have recently purchased 1, 12" black boy doll. Pouty face with what looks like a trear drop. May be clay head, hands to elbow, and feet on cloth stuffed body. dressed in overall type pants and red/white checkered shirt. "girl" doll, approx. 18" same clay type head. hands and black boots. dressed in early american white under dress with smock cover dress. Stamp on back of neck looks like ETC. (is this Eltona Toy Company ?) looks like @ '27. guessing yr of 1927. appreciate what you can tell me. Thank You for your time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 month ago.

Hello Rebecca,

May I see pictures of the doll taken from al angles, with a closeup of the trademarks or writing?

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Judith,
not a techy expert but think I can do. Gosh, got me making dinner and have a broken wrist so things are slow go. what's my timeline with response. Don't know if neck/head stamp will show up. will do my best. thnx
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Judith. Are we able to continue this tomorrow or another day? that way, I can study and understand how to send u some pics.

HI Rebecca,

Please take all the time you need. There is no rush. This question will remain open until you return.

I do not do phone calls, because I can't do the research and speak with you at the same time. Also, there is an additional charge for a phone call, and I can answer your question right here.

So, please take your time, and get back to me when you have some pictures for me.

Best,

Judith-on-Antiques