rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a pocket watch from my dad, who has past. It is a

Customer Question

I have a pocket watch from my dad, who has past. It is a Mueller's Little Anthony Pink Gold with a serial number of 844161. I am trying to find an approximate value.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: This is all I know about this particular pocket watch. I don't have any paper work for the watch. I believe that it belonged to my grandfather.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The numbers on the dial are 1, 2, 3 etc and not roman.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 19 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case.

If you are not able to add photos, then I need to know if the watch is an open face or a hunter case (a gold cover over the dial)

size of the watch, any marks on the inner case and the serial number written on the movement. Thanks!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Serial number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Serial number(###) ###-#### I tried to send pictures. Did they come through?
Expert:  rarewares replied 19 days ago.

No, there are no photos here.

I have three options and you can choose whichever is easiest for you -

1) I'll give you these instructions for adding them here, just in case you'd like to try again.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

2) If the Add Files feature on your screen still does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

3) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I sent the picture to email address provided above. I am unable to load on this page.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think on came through.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is the last one.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I just noticed that one the backside alone the edge it reads Baltimore in addition to Mueller's Little Anthony.
Expert:  rarewares replied 19 days ago.

This is a 14k gold-filled (not gold) Illinois hunter case pocket watch

from 1887 in size 18s (large size) with a 7-jewel movement.

This watch has a current value of $75 to $100 with chain.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your information. I'm not interested in selling. My plan is to give the watch to my son and I wanted to be able to give him more information about the watch. I wasn't able to find any information about the watch. I was searching Mueller's Little Anthony and was not getting any information.
Expert:  rarewares replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome. Do click the stars for me, thanks!