Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

National washboard #83, patent 9/1915, any value? good

Customer Question

national washboard #83, patent 9/1915, any value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: good condition, hasn't been used since I got over 40 yrs. ago. no. on top is 83, and the patent date is 9-15-1915
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: wooden frame, metal scrub and metal plate on top. also have letters from civil which belonged to ancestors. they talk about gen. lee camping in their backyard. letters are in great condition with envelopes, also have pictures of the entire family which included both letter writers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! We are working on your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the other Appraisals specialists online will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris-dfm925

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

All the National washboards I've seen have 3-digit numbers. Is it possible a number has worn off your washboard.

Please upload clear pictures of the washboard taken from both sides, and clear pictures of the other material (letters, envelopes and pictures).

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.