rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting from the art master studios that I have

Customer Question

I have a painting from the art master studios that I have owned for over 30 years that I would like to know more about
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the signature and the back of the completed framing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Richard franklin was the artist

This is a print or giclee on board or canvas by artist Richard Franklin titled

Vesuvian Classic II painted in the 1980-90's when he was most prolific.

In the late 80's, he taught art in Arizona and then traveled Europe

for a year in 1990. This piece has a current value of $125 to $175.00

retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mine is a canvass painting that was framed ? Are you sure of the cost? I bought it for over 1500.00
Mark

This is why I ask to see the back as well. Is there a certificate that came with the piece on the back?

This is a known image by the artist and has been reproduced on canvas and paper, so it is unlikely that

you have the original. Please do add pictures of any paperwork on the back or your receipt if you still have it so I can re-assess.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.