Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a 4 piece silver plated tea service and tray,

Customer Question

I have a 4 piece silver plated tea service and tray, manufactor W.H Humphrey&Co made in Sheffield England and I was wondering its value re insurance
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was presented to my great grandfather in 1916 when he retired from Bridgford and Sons as director
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so, its in very good order and has been passed down through the family, my father left it to me as I'm the only child that likes old things, I'm pretty sure its silver plated and it has patterns front and back of each piece
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 17 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks, labels or writing on the bottom of one

piece, assuming the same mark is on all pieces (sometimes the tray is made differently than the tea set, so do look).