Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have 2 Havell aquatints Audubons preserved by the

Customer Question

I have 2 Havell aquatints Audubons preserved by the Oppenheimer lab in Chicago what kind market is there for them.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: no. 15 & 18
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: plate #LXXIII, LXXXVIII
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  S. August Abbott replied 22 days ago.

I'm August Abbott, dealer in select antiques, collectibles and rarities x 30 yrs. Give me a few mins to review & prepare your answer. Thanks!

Tell me the measured size of your prints and the subject matter (which birds are they?)

Do you have the provenance on your prints (how they came to be with you) ?

Oppenheimer is a highly respected preservationist which gives me high hopes that your prints are authentic. If they are what I hope they are, yes, there is a very good market for them.

Unfortunately, the majority of Audubon's I've seen over the years are inexpensive copies with very official sounding 'societies' or even museums having issued them as collectibles, etc.. They are generally not.

So let's hope you can make my day - and in turn, that I can make yours

Size and subject are important here; a photo would be helpful as well, though it cannot tell me as much as your own viewpoint and measurement

Take your time. If I sign off before you have a chance to respond, I'll be back on tomorrow/Friday