rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a 1930's french boudoir doll with a necklace that is

Customer Question

I have a 1930's french boudoir doll with a necklace that is stamped Raynal. Handpainted face and lovely pale boue velvet dress and coat and slouch hat. Where can I determine its value and where can I try to sell it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Should I try to wash the clothing, steam clean, or leave it as is?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 21 days ago.

Your 1920-30's Raynal French doll has a current value of $700 to $800 retail.

You should leave the doll in the current condition without cleaning the clothing.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 20 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.