rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 1930's french boudoir doll with a necklace that is

Customer Question

I have a 1930's french boudoir doll with a necklace that is stamped Raynal. Handpainted face and lovely pale boue velvet dress and coat and slouch hat. Where can I determine its value and where can I try to sell it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Should I try to wash the clothing, steam clean, or leave it as is?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

Your 1920-30's Raynal French doll has a current value of $700 to $800 retail.

You should leave the doll in the current condition without cleaning the clothing.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.