Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Have you any idea the value of an approx. 1930's porcelain

Customer Question

Hi! Have you any idea the value of an approx. 1930's porcelain Olympia Beer dealer sign, roughly 3' x 5', one-sided, nice cond. # 8 or 9 condition. Also an oil trade news letter, 4 sheet (8 pages) from 1941 describing the Canadian "McColl-Frontenac" oil co'S. defection of supposed "NazI" agent head of co. to Germany, resulting in the closure of that brand. (Red Indian made by Texaco) Have a 4' dealer porcelain sign in #6/& condition. Thanx G. Henderson
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Have a fellow who's been pestering me for yrs. for them. I've pegged the grease bucket/water pail @ around $225 (slightly faded) & bulk oil container @ around $500
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so - I've had these for up to 50 yrs & have the history of where the big 2- sided M/F sign came from.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! We are working on your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the other Appraisals specialists online will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you! new to this computer/cell thing. At 70 yrs old, its a bit intimidating - tend to get lost! (and frustrated) Always figured there was a site somewhere like yours! Starting to unload a lifetime of antique car & general memorabilia.
, the retirement fund.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Maybe I really don't know what I'm doing!! (ha-ha!). E-mail might be better? Can't seem to get the phone answer thing going - sorry. I go into "settings" & no "clear"
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I think the trade paper is from "Joy" oil, I would say 1941 "Joy News" trans-Canada edition, Vol. II No. 6. Published monthly by Joy Publishing Company, Montreal. Headline......"HITLER AGENT FLEES --McCol-Frontenac 'boss' forced to quit in Nazi scandal"
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I will be happy to help. Seeing the items is of course so important.

I have three options and you can choose whichever is easiest for you -

1) I'll give you these instructions for adding them here, just in case you'd like to try again.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

2) If the Add Files feature on your screen still does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

3) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).