Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How much would it cost to have a china tea set researched? I

Customer Question

How much would it cost to have a china tea set researched? I have a set from my 2x great-grandmother who married in 1867. She may have been given it or purchased it early in her marriage, or later (she died 1918). I have a picture of the sugar bowl. It is etched on the middle of the bottom with DM. On the edge of the bottom is the number 17. In trying to find out who DM might refer to, the only name I found was William DeMorgan. In e-mailing an organization in London, dedicated to his work, they wrote back and said that he never did pottery, only tiles.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and the marks you have described.

Also let me know how many pieces are in your set.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is the Add Files feature? I can e-mail a picture. The markings on the bottom of the tea pot and sugar bowl (creamer is missing) is DM in the middle; 17 on the edge or rim.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can we e-mail? I'ts easier than using this web site.

I do not offer the phone service.

I have three options and you can choose whichever is easiest for you -

1) I'll give you these instructions for adding them here, just in case you'd like to try again.

The feature works best if you add one pic, hit send, then do the next.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

2) If the Add Files feature on your screen still does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

3) If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I e-mailed the picture. Just to clarify, there are 3-4 things I'm looking to find out: 1) age (how old is it) 2) who made it (DM marking) 3) where was it made, and 4) while the value is not that important, just out of curiosity, what is it worth.

I got only one photo and it was the same picture that you added earlier (unless you sent in more than one email that have yet to arrive).

I really need to see the markings, so do send those pictures of the mark and other pieces. Thanks!