Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Our family inherited several, reportedly valuable, pieces of

Customer Question

Our family inherited several, reportedly valuable, pieces of furniture. One in particulatpr we are trying to identify.
It is a tall drop leaf table that we now call a sofa table. I dismissed this one as the antique because of its modern looking drawer pull. On second assessment, I see that the leaf supports are are wooden, rather than the modern spring metal. The hinges are metal and look, to my untrained eye, to be modern. I cannot see dovetailing anywhere on the legs or or other Joining. The only flourish on the table is the edge of each leaf.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hello Carolyn,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

May I see a picture of the underside of the table, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are the requested pictures. And you for your time and trouble
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already paid $30 for this yes or no answer and sent 3 images. No talk should be necessary
The piece is in my daughter's possession where we evacuated for Hurricane Matthew. We are now home and 4. Hours away.
Thank you

Thanks for the pictures, Carolyn.

Your table is Mid-century modern - it was made in the middle of the 20th century. It is nice looking and well made. The style is Danish Modern.

If it is in very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your table is approximately $2,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $800, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Carolyn.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Carolyn,

I'm not sure what you meant about a yes or no answer, or about talking. My answer to your question is above. So sorry about the hurricane situation. Did someone approach you about a phone call? If so, it was not me. I don't do phone calls, because they entail an extra charge to my customer and I can answer your question right here at no additional charge.

Hi Carolyn,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.