ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

I have a solid maple bedroom set that comes with two

Customer Question

I have a solid maple bedroom set that comes with two nightstands a headboard and a dresser with a mirror by Colonial craft with lock joint. It was made in 1951 at least because thats the order date on its tags.How much is the value around?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for the inquiry! This type of mid-20th century maple bedroom set is too recent to be considered an antique, so the market is for people who are looking to use this as furniture. The 1950s date seems appropriate based on the style and a set like yours with two nightstands/headboard/dresser and mirror and a full/queen bed would usually sell through a peer-to-peer marketplace like Craigslist or a classified ad for $400 to $600 (these sets are so durable and the styling is still traditional).

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 18 days ago.

Thank you again! I am following-up to see if I can be of further assistance as I noticed that you elected to not rate the question.

At JustAnswer the only way that experts receive any compensation for our efforts is if the customers rate our professionalism.Please rate using the star system so that this question may be closed out and again, thank you.

Following-up one final time.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.