Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I just recently acquired a framed piece called American Ski

Customer Question

I just recently acquired a framed piece called American Ski Classic and this limited print is numbered 165/250 and was hand signed by President Gerald Ford and the artist ***** *****. Can you give me any history on this piece and what the approx. value could be?
Thank you,
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 21 days ago.

Gino, I am sorry you have had to wait.

Please know a professional will be working on your question.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Your print is a limited edition lithograph. The original watercolor was by ***** *****. She was commissioned to paint the original in 1983 - the first year of the American Ski Classic.

***** *****

"As an internationally renowned watercolor artist, ***** ***** has spanned the globe painting scenes and subject matter that inspire lovers of fine art and collectors world wide. Linda’s command of the watercolor medium is evident in her masterful portrayal of majestic vistas, the subtle rendering of a still life and in glimpses of every day life encountered in her frequent travels abroad and throughout the United States. She conveys these vivid impressions simply, using transparent colors, softened textures, and finite detail."

Source: Online description

The First American Ski Classic was held in 1983 - the year the original painting was commissioned.

"Perhaps it was fate that brought the idea and the venue together in 1983, resulting in the creation of Vail’s American Ski Classic.

Maybe it was just the right time and the right place for something magical to occur. Or perhaps, it was as simple as good friends coming together to celebrate their love of skiing and the Vail Valley."

All the limited edition color lithographs that were created were signed by Gerald Ford.

My research indicates that the estimated retail value of your lithograph would be $400-500 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

If you wish to sell, these are my suggestions -

The internet has your widest pool of buyers. To sell close to estimated retail try the following -

Try ads on sites such as

Some like where you can set up your store for free and the selling fees are small - 20 cents to list an item plus 3.5% of the final price.

Or list with no fees whatsoever:

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 20 days ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,