Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

TALL maple double rope bed...with canopy in original house

Customer Question

TALL maple double rope bed...with canopy in original house in late 1800s..carved posts, all pegs and bolts--we still use without not think we can keep in family much longer...does not look like anything I see on line---Worth???
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: posts are carved or ringed. ...still have the original horsehair mattress as a box spring (with plywood over it for support!)! Way too much trouble to take apart and try to move to an appraiser and no one in my area does appraisals
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me at least one photo.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I will have to tackle this tomorrow with help from someone---I am not a computer person--is this OK? How do I get back to you??? WS

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send you the pop-up.

You can come back here to respond tomorrow.

You may need to sign in first.

Kind regards,