rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Plates are marked: &C Limoges France, L Bernardarpd & C I

Customer Question

Plates are marked: B&C Limoges France, L Bernardarpd & C I would like to know the value of a compete set of 12 which includes service dishes, platters and sugar & Creamer
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My husband how just passed away inherited this set from his parents. It has a lovely Chinese motif design. I would appreciate an appraisal of its worth
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I am 91 years old and do not have the capability of adding pictures. Neither do I have the time. If you cannot give me an estimate I will cancel this experience.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I am 91 years old and do not have the capability of adding pictures. Neither do I have the time. If you cannot give me an estimate I will cancel this experience. please let me know.

I understand.

The set was made by Bernardaud and Cie (Company) of Limoges, France. These sets were

usually hand painted at their decorating studio or sold as blanks and decorated by the retailer's

artists. Your service for 12 plus some serving pieces was made in 1900 to 1922 based on the marks you have described

and would have a value of $1200 to $1500 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not planning to auction or sell. I need the evaluation for our trust and tax implications as my husband just died. So yes, and no, your information is of some help. I do think your web site is cumbersome and hard to read, but I am a cranky, 91, grieving widow.You did your best for what I asked so your rating is a 4 as I think th charges are rather high.. Thank you.

The rating given is for me as an expert and does not consider the charges of the site. Experts are not employees

and do not know or deal with charges and fees.

I appreciate your candor and I am sorry for your loss.

To close, I do need for you to please physically click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit

so that your feedback will be recorded )otherwise, I get no credit for my knowledge).

Thanks so much.