Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I'm looking for an appraiser to come to my apt. to appraise

Customer Question

I'm looking for an appraiser to come to my apt. to appraise a buffet that is at least 68 yrs old and in good condition. I live in Windsor, CO.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is wood. I think it has a veneer. It was my grandmother's. I don't know what kind of wood.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have a table and chairs. The chairs are about 60 yrs old and in good condition. The table is wood and has a scratch on the fold down part. I have some table pads that fit the table.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 16 days ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

If you can send a picture of this, I can value this for you online. An Appraiser can come to your home if there is one in your area but, they will charge around 200.00 to just come out. Their normal fees are on average of 200.00 per hour with a minimum of an hour to start.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will gladly send some photos. It won't be until this evening. I take care of my parents who both have dementia. Ian with them during the day. Will this be alright? Please let me know what hours you will accept photos and conversation. Than k you.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thanks for the additional cost of a phone call. Could you please answer?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 16 days ago.

Yes, you can do the photo this evening. I will be off from here around 5pm central time, but just upload the images to this message area I will see them when I sign back on in the morning.

Let me know if you need help uploading them.

Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images ! There may be : Just "add files" box at the bottom then " send box"

Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

I did not offer to do a phone call, as a matter of fact, I am unable to do those. This offer was made to you by the justanswer site. Appraisers come to the site to answer questions that customers post there, we are just users of the site like the customers are. We do not make offers to customers, or know about customers accounts.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome.