rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have 2 very large chairs, I believe they would be called

Customer Question

Hi I have 2 very large chairs, I believe they would be called deacon chairs that are in impeccable condition. They have a stamp on them "Florey Bros. makers Washington" They were donated to a non profit to raise money but we have no idea of their worth or anything about them. I also would like to know how or where we would be able to maximize the amount of money someone would pay for them. Thanks for your help!
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

This pair of Florey Brothers of Washington deacon chairs have a value of $200 to $300 each. The company actually made pianos as their main profession, benches and chairs were later items. They were in business from the late 1800's to 1929, and these would date to about 1910.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,,,, Lushpad,, and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do the chairs have a specific name?
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

These are considered Deacon's chairs, styled after chairs that were

found in churches.

Expert:  rarewares replied 17 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.