ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

Antique Victorian sideboard. Top has two beveled glass

Customer Question

Antique Victorian sideboard. Top has two beveled glass boxes. One center large rectangle mirrors. Two round beveled mirrors under the glass boxes suspended by carved supports. Bottom is 3 drawers. Three cupboards. Three drawers. All carved.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 21 days ago.

Wow! What a great piece of Victorian/aesthetic era sideboard that appears to be in great condition. These types of very ornate pieces have demand that goes beyond typical "brown" Victorian furniture and at a high-end antique shop, similar examples can sell at the $2,500 to $3,500 level. At auction they can bring a bit less, usually at the $1,000 to $1,600 level (assuming that there's no major damage). It's a great piece of furniture!

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 20 days ago.

Thank you again! I am following-up to see if I can be of further assistance as I noticed that you elected to not rate the question.

At JustAnswer the only way that experts receive any compensation for our efforts is if the customers rate our professionalism.

Please rate using the star system so that this question may be closed out and again, thank you.

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 18 days ago.

Following-up one final time.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.