Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I will have this in my house tomorrow. The seller told me it

Customer Question

I will have this in my house tomorrow. The seller told me it is extremely heavy, gold gilt. Unfortunately the woman who had this in her home is now in a nursing home. Can any one help me with the origin and value.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sure you can see, but wanted to verify that the marble is real
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this Hollywood Regency? I have heard (with paintings as an example) one would look at the clothes to try and determine a time period. There are no markings I am aware of, but again I will be picking the piece up this evening.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think it is so beautiful. I know this isn't helpful to the appraisal, but I was told by the seller the woman who owns this piece and is now in a nursing home always surrounded herself with the finest of items- that she appreciated her home and the contents.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't expect to retire from this piece- but would like to have an appraisal for insurance purposes, or perhaps none is required. Hahahahaha.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello

I am taking care of this on the other question you posted about this.

Glenda