Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have an antique Porcelain figurine the my grandfather

Customer Question

I have an antique Porcelain figurine the my grandfather brought back as a war souvenir from Italy from WW2
I was told that he found it in an Italian Cathedral
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have more photos
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just uploaded more photos
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me take more photos

I do not accept requests for phone calls. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send you the pop-up.

More photos would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are these photos what you are looking for ??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
I have this item
I just got this from my mother, who inharrited from my grandmotherI want to know the value
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an antique Porcelain figurine the my grandfather brought back as a war souvenir from Italy during WW2
I was told that he found it in an church in Italy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is aprox 9" tall by 7" wide

Please know answers are not instantaneous here.

Your piece is early 20thC Royal Vienna Blanc de Chine style. The name Royal Vienna refers collectively to many European Porcelain Factories and Decorating Workshops or Studios that reproduce the original late 18thC early 19thC Royal Vienna style.

The style features neo-classical motifs in mostly Decorative Cabinet or Portrait Plates, Urns, Centerppieces and similar Display pieces.

My research indicates that your figurine would have an estimated retail value of $1600-1900 assuming good condition and depending sale geographic location.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.