Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I have been collecting art and paiting and water colors for

Customer Question

Hi there, I have been collecting art and paiting and water colors for years and will be opening up an antique store in the near future.....I require some help and not sure where to begin with some of my pcs. I have 1923 water color of max pechstein and one just signed RIC......
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: not sure if it is a copy of watercolor by max or not
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 20 days ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photos of these?
Click the paperclip icon
Click the Browse icon
Click the Browse button
Select your file and click Open
Click OK
Click Insert
Click Save Changes on this page

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I will start with this one. I have over 50 different pieces.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I also have some realy old and unique items as well over 100 different pcs. Been buying out Estates for more than 10 years. I am currently seeking help to sort these it items out to see if they should be sold in store or send an entire cargo to auction.
Expert:  Wayne replied 17 days ago.

The Lithograph signed RIC was done by an unlisted artist. The style is German 1950s. I have found several pieces done by this artist; however, there is no information available. Here is a link to a good discussion board for this artist including the same piece that you posted. Lithographs similar in style, subject matter, quality and age are selling for $100-150 at auction. Here is a link to the discussion.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

I would like to see the Pechstein. Please open a new question and request me