rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a dewey albinson oil that was a gift to my parents

Customer Question

i have a dewey albinson oil that was a gift to my parents from my grandparents who acquired it via the salamiguni club. fisherman's point (lake superior), oil 16 x 20, 1942. original frame. some damage. it needs a good home.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: its been in my family since it was purchased.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 20 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Of course you needs these pictures, but I am a technical dinosaur and don't know how to do this. perhaps it is best to cancel everything.
Expert:  rarewares replied 20 days ago.

I will answer without photos, but give a range since I can't see the piece.

Dewey Albinson (1898 - 1971) was active/lived in Minnesota and Mexico and was known for landscape, genre-frontier, and murals.

Your 1942 painting titled Fisherman's Point has a value of $1100 to $1500 based on recent sales of his work.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them, which is usually best for fine art.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 17 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.