Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

We have a Kindel Cadwalader Chair that Kindel made special

Customer Question

We have a Kindel Cadwalader Chair that Kindel made special for their 100 year anniversary in 2001 as part of their Winterthur collection. It is a line-for-line copy of the original chair made by Thomas Affleck for John Cadwalader. Only 50 were made by Kindel and we have #35. The part number is(###) ###-#### We have all the original documentation and it is in excellent condition. While not a true antique I am trying to find out what it might be worth. It's original list price was $16,000.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have photos of chair and paper work that I can send.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 23 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Here are some photos of chair and paperwork that came with it. I also have higher resolution if needed.
Expert:  Nora replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for the images, please allow me some time to look these over for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Nora,
Any feedback?