Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have what I believe to be a mid 19th century campaign desk

Customer Question

Hello, I have what I believe to be a mid 19th century campaign desk made of wood and leather and I'm trying to figure out if it's real and it's approximate value.
Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please check the drawers for any maker marks and at your convenience send a view of the corner of a drawer so I can see the joinery.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not find any markings on the drawers but I've attached a picture of the underside information
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for checking and for the images. You have a Campaign Furniture style desk that was made in US in the 2nd half of the 20th century. It is not an original 19th century piece from the UK. On today's market, this can sell for as high as $500 - $700 at auction.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I ask a question about a possible antique lamp as well
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

Please start a new question thread to post a new question, and add "For Nora Only" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora