Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique dental cabinet from cleaning out my

Customer Question

I have an antique dental cabinet from cleaning out my grandparents house. I was wanting to try and get some information on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Are there any maker labels or tags on it? What is the history that you know, was a family member a dentist?

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There are not any markings on it except for a 15. My grandparents bought it from a dentist a long time ago. That's all we know.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One antique dealer said he's never seen this model befor but the carvings look to be from England.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

It is a seldom seen form, however being late Victorian and done with quarter-sawn oak, it is more likely to be American. This dates to just about 1895 - 1900. The stamped 15 is an assembly piece number and does not lead to a maker name. On today's market, your cabinet can sell for $2500 - $4000 at auction. Here is a link for you of one from the same era in a different form that sold for $2950 in February of this year: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wonderful-victorian-walnut-original-1800856399

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora