Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a rare crystal baron stem goblet with royal German

Customer Question

hello, I have a rare crystal baron long stem goblet with royal German monogram. Very beautiful. My Army officer father purchased at an antique show at U.S. Army Officer's Club 1955 in Frankfurt, German. I have been in search of the Germany family to this goblet? UCLA German Archeologist told me on the 42nd St. Library in NYC would have a book on German Monograms. I would like an approximate appraisal and wish to sell. It is certainly genuine they were not making copies post WWII. Penny Elliott. How can I sent you photo of goblet on this line? Thank you
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No, except the antique dealer told my Father it was out of the Wilhelm Castle during the war. Is suppose to be from Czar Nicolas of Russia who was murdered along with his family in 1915 during Russian Revolution. Czar Nicolas was first cousin to Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany. There Grandmother was Queen Victoria of England. Was told the monogram should be a "W" and that it was one of twelve as a gift to Kaiser Wilhelm on one of his birthdays from cousin Nicholas of Russia. Penny Elliott
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.