Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an original watercolor by A. Heirs Sr, titled "Shores

Customer Question

I have an original watercolor by Robert A. Heirs Sr, titled "Shores of Charleston". What can you tell me about it? I will send photos
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last name is*****
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please tell me the size of your painting, not including the frame. Please do not remove from the frame.

Is the medium watercolors?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a watercolor and is approx 14x16

An artist by the exact name Robert A Hiers is not listed or known. Are you sure this is the spelling of the name on your painting?

If unsure, please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Doris,
The name is ***** ***** I stated. In fact, there was some biographical information on the back of the painting,which I took a picture of and am forwarding. please let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should return within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

I have checked many sources both subscription sites and books.

Although the information on the back of the painting is glowing, Robert A Hiers, Sr., is not listed in any of the many places I research.

I could give you a value as "known" artist, but I do not want to mislead you.

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

On today's market, your signed original pen and ink with watercolor painting depicting a rural building with phone lines can carry a high auction estimate of $200 - $400.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora