rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a dining room set that is rosewood, table at least

Customer Question

I have a dining room set that is rosewood, table at least eight, china cupboard and large buffet, small buffet. The china cupboard has leather on the door, and both buffet have leather on the doors. claw design legs on everything. I would like to know the age and worth. I have had it 45 years.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: there was a tag on it that said Chicago, illnois, rosewood
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don' t have any pictures with me but can you give a idea and I will send pictures tomorrow

Your mid-century rosewood dining room set consisting of table and eight chairs, china cupboard,

large and small sideboard would have a value of $1200 to $1500.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are your pictures you asked for

This is a 1930-40 Jacobean style rosewood dining room set consisting of table and eight chairs, china cupboard,

large and small sideboard made in Chicago, Illinois would have a value of $1500 to $1800.00 retail.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.