rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a beanie baby that does not have a date of birth on

Customer Question

Hello I have a beanie baby that does not have a date of birth on it. How uncommon is it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Okay it is a Teenie Beanie Baby and it's name is ***** ***** it says on it is "osite the first beanie baby was the Usa that did not have a u.s. flag exclusive is is he's a Beanie Baby who was the first USA exclusive that didn't have a u.s. flag" the really weird thing is it has no date of birth not at all
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it has a ribbon on it is green and white
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Can you upload a photo?

Jennfier

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay they're on there just let me know if you get them

Thanks.

Osito was "born" in 1999, and not having a date is considered an error, but a relatively common error. A lot of them have been offered for sale. There are a variety of errors possible on Osito--looks like it was a mistake-prone version!

You'll see people asking very high prices on eBay for "error" Ositos, $500 or more. However, I've gone through the actual records of completed sales over the past 5 years, from various seller sites. The highest completed sale for an error Osito was $15.00, last May.

I'm sorry for any disappointment.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello. I checked my bank account and it seems like you guys overcharged Me by $30. I was charged $5 and then hit for $33 it was supposed to be $3.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

For such queries, use this link for assistance: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help