Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Need info on Kammer &Reinhardt baby doll c1830-35, mold 36,

Customer Question

Need info on Kammer &Reinhardt baby doll c1830-35, mold 36, has star in center with capital K on one side and Capital R on the other. There is something in the center
of the star resembling a small cross.
Can you give me any info on this unique doll.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 26 days ago.

Hi Theresa,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I need to see some pictures of your doll, front and back, and a close-up image of the marks. Also, how tall is the doll?

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

Go to

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Will do this tomorrow as my phone doesn't take pics. It's an oldie. My kindle probably does and I will research that. So glad to have your help as I think I have a really old doll. Let me measurebit - hold on a minute. It's 15". It will be hard to get the markings to show up on camers
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Camera. Can I rub some graphite on it or would that compromise the value. Is the phone call in addition to other fee? I am only selling the doll as my husdband is terminally I'll and our medical expenses are over the roof. Thanks.

Please take all the time you need, Theresa. No rush!