Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a antique table ...not sure of the date and style but

Customer Question

I have a antique table ...not sure of the date and style but the legs are of Saber look..round table with 2 leafs
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: also the chairs look like the eastlake chair furniture 4 chairs have front wheels on the the front legs and the back legs are normal..another chair is captain with no wheels and also matching rocking chair all in the same style
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I was also told that all pieces were or england origine
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 21 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your table and chairs.

Could you very kindly attach a photo or two of them including a flash photo of the underside of the table where the legs join the top. Also one of the table surface and a close up of one of the feet. All these details help confirm the age and origin.

Also, how wide is the top?

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.