rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am trying to date an armoire that has been in the family

Customer Question

I am trying to date an armoire that has been in the family for awhile, but I can't find a manufacturer mark anywhere, it does have brass clips holding the mirror in and a cast iron and rubber wheel rack that possibly holds canes. Other than that I can only say it doesn't fit modern day hangers :)
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I guess that might be it, I have pics if that helps
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the armoire.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry if using a tablet, I don't see an add files tab, do I need to move to a pc, or is there an email address I can send them?

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Perfect I will take care of that right now. Thank you!

This is a vintage 1920 -1940 English Jacobean style oak hall armoire

with a place for keeping umbrellas and canes inside the door. The Jacobean

style of furniture was begun in the late 1600's in England and has had several revivals

as a style over the years. This piece has a value of $1000 to $1200.00 retail.

Here is a link to a similar one that was made in the 1960's, your is older, but

these do not sell for much more than this unless they are actually from the Jacobean era (1670's).

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.