Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a bronze cup that I believe is from the Ming Dynasty

Customer Question

I have a bronze cup that I believe is from the Ming Dynasty Xuande Period. Looking to get an appraisal. I am from the Minneapolis area.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: This cup has been in my family since 1940. It came over in a trunk from Europe to my Grandmother. The Chinese markings are clear and distinct.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is bronze and has gold on it. I do have pictures.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 29 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your bronze cup.

Could you very kindly attach the photos you mentioned.

Also, how big is it?

Many thanks and wait to hear.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.