Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Gold antique Elgin J pocketwatch and gold chain in a glass

Customer Question

Gold antique Elgin J pocketwatch and gold chain in a glass display case. Could you give me an estimated value?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That's about it .The watch was stolen. It was not functioning as a time piece but was in excellent condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  S. August Abbott replied 2 months ago.

I'm August Abbott, dealer in select antiques, collectibles and rarities x 30 yrs. Give me a few mins to review & prepare your answer. Thanks!

Before we move forward, did you know the year of manufacture or the serial number from the inside watch works on this piece?

Also, did it say anything about being guaranteed (on the back) ?

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the serial number on the movement, and anything that is written in the case?

Thanks,