rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a ewer stamped with the numbers 2082 on bottom with

Customer Question

I have a ewer stamped with the numbers 2082 on bottom with somewhat of an S with a line through it and gothic letters of EP to the right. I cannot destinquish the markings above and to the left except a regular B.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I bought it in an antique shop located in a german settlement in Texas. It came from an estate sale. It also has what looks like greek designs on it in something gold like.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 26 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I amCustomerand I will respond back as soon as I research your question.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and the marks on the bottom.

Expert:  rarewares replied 25 days ago.

I am following up to see if you will be able to add pictures.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Here you are. Thank you.
Expert:  rarewares replied 25 days ago.

The picture of the mark is too blurry. Could you back up a bit an try that one more time?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How are these?
Expert:  rarewares replied 20 days ago.

While the actual maker is still impossible to distinguish (the &B mark),

I can tell you that the other marks of S and EP indicate that this

is a silver plated Sheffield, England ewer made circa 1880 in pattern number 2082.

The S represents Sheffield and the EP means Electro Plate meaning the ewer cannot be sterling silver.

The maker &B would indicate 'and Brother' which could be any one of thousands of makers without knowing

that first letter since all makers used these other s and ep marks as a standard.

The silver plate circa 1880 English Sheffield ewer has a current value of $50 to $75.00 retail. This

price would be the same no matter the maker since silver plated items all have the same value range and are not so much dependent or valued on maker.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 17 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.