Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a glass/crystal vase which I inherited from my mother

Customer Question

Hi I have a glass/crystal vase which I inherited from my mother who inherited from her mother. It travelled to Australia from Holland. It's barrel shaped, with diamond panels that have more panels varying from fern style patterns and stars. it's at least 80 years old. Can you help me identify it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The stars are like star of David or similar
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 29 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vase.

Could you very kindly attach a picture of it and one of the bottom.

Also, how tall is it?

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.