ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

What is the value of a Hercules Dr. Buggy?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 2 months ago.

What a great old buggy! The market for these - as you can imagine - is rather thin and selective. Generally, through message boards and craigslist similar antique buggies in good condition sell at the $1,500 to $3,500 level (which would be a fine fair market value) but if you're looking for retail replacement value (insurance purposes) the cost is likely a reproduction cost - how much would it cost to make another one - which would be $5,000 to $6,500. Here's a great reference that shares a bit about the firm behind the buggy: http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/h/hercules/hercules.htm

Thank you. I noticed that while you reviewed the question you elected not to rate my professionalism or accept it. The sole way that Just Answer experts receive any compensation for work is by the customer rating our professionalism, so please do that so the question can be closed out.