LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I have an old bible I found after my dad died in 1996. I

Customer Question

I have an old bible I found after my dad died in 1996. I would like to know it's value and who are the people. There are handwritten notes on the inside covers. I have tried on the internet by the names which are quite common and also by the sloop listed. No luck. How can I send you pictures of the bible "Of True Chrifianity," by Moft Reverend John Arndt, 1712
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have other pages with old documentation from the 1800s. i noticed that was not sent in the above email. I need to send 5-6 other pages in the bible. Thank God you did not get the attached file. I think it is most of the pictures on my computer. Let me get this sent to you. I'll find a young person.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I recently sent a question regarding an old bible. But could not send the handwritten notes that were inside the covers.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 28 days ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer,

Your question is being looked at by several experts who are doing research to see if they can find what you are wanting. If they can find this information they will get back with you as soon as they do.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you with this. Please allow me to review the photos and post back here when completed.

This is an interesting book I have found the following information and am looking into the author now.

I found the following copyright information:

Out of Copyright

Reason for copyright status: Creator Date of Death is Before 1955

You may have full rights to copy, or may be able to copy only under some circumstances, for example a portion for research or study. Contact the holding library for further information about copying.

Copyright status was determined using the following information:

Creator Status: Creator(s) Considered Dead

Creator Date of Death: 1734

Material type: Literary Dramatic Musical

Published status: Published

Publication date: 1712

Government copyright ownership: No Government Copyright Ownership

the link above tells about John Arndt on page 46k and this book . It was first written in German in 1655 and the copy you have was one of the most complete when it was translated into English in 1720.

After reviewing several guide values books I have found that this book has a value of 12500-150.00 on todays market. This is a hard to find book however there is no real demand for this book currently. It would take a special collector looking for this book to make the sale.

Thank you for sharing this item.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 26 days ago.

i have a typo I apologize the value is 125.00-150.00