rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

2 paintings signed by Sydney Laurence

Customer Question

2 paintings signed by Sydney Laurence
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the pictures on my cell phone right now, however I'm at work and do not have the pictures on my work computer.Regards Marlene

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If those steps are too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Sydney Laurence (1865 - 1940) was a New York, Alaska, and California

artist known for Alaskan landscape painting and Indian figures.

He made many prints both on canvas and paper/cardboard of his work.

See photos for examples of the prints as proof that these are not original paintings.

There can only be one original, so if you see that same image out there, then it has been reproduced using a printing process.(These are also known prints of his work).

The snow painting is a print as well as the Northern Lights

piece. Each piece has a value of $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.