Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

NOT DUPLICATE ***, thank you for revisiting this inquiry. In

Customer Question

***, thank you for revisiting this inquiry.
In 1957, Herbert Hoover gave a copy of Volume 1 The Memoirs of Herbert Hoover, Years of Adventure - 1874-1920 to Nicholas Augustis. President Hoover autographed it with a personal note.
In the book was also found a letter signed by Jim Farley typed on his Coca-Cola letterhead when Chairman, including a newspaper clipping addressed to Nicholas Augustis.
Would you kindly advise the value of these items?
Please note there was some confusion when you originally stated "signed to Hoover's father." It has come to my attention that we need a clarification as these items are being gifted to a school.
Thank You.
Carol ********
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 28 days ago.

Hi Carol,
My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising Antiques since 1970. The basic book is worth about $10, but being signed by Hoover it would sell for $200-300 at auction. The letter by Farley would sell for $200-300 at auction. You may have seen these priced as high as $900 but they never sell for that.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.

Expert:  Wayne replied 28 days ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.