Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an antique doll belonged to my neighbor in Kentucky

Customer Question

I have an antique doll belonged to my neighbor in Kentucky and I received in 1980 as I collected dolls as a young girl.
The head is marked:
"S&H" over "HALBIG over "9 1/2". She is about 22" tall with moving eyes, pierced ears and human hair. Body is jointed, not porcelin but another material. The doll is in excellent condition but I do not think the clothes are original. There are no other markings on the body . I am not sure how to find the maker of the doll. It is my understanding that halbig made the heads . Any additional information would be appreciated.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 25 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks. Use the Add Files feature on your screen

to add pictures of the mark under her wig and on the back of her shoulders.