Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

WOMENS 14KT POCKET WATCH WITH FLORAL ENGRAVING ELGIN 160

Customer Question

WOMENS 14KT POCKET WATCH WITH FLORAL ENGRAVING ELGIN 160 YEARS OLD RUNS & KEEPS GOOD TIME IN ORIGINAL DISPLAY CASE
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: IT IS SOLID GOLD BELONGED TO MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: NO
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Watches were made of 10, 14 and 18k gold (and gold filled which means not gold) and these differences as well as the size of the watch and style (open face or hunting case) drastically change the price.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case marks and the movement marks.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case. Thank you!