Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband just inherited an Elgin pocket watch that was his

Customer Question

my husband just inherited an Elgin pocket watch that was his great grandfathers and he is wandering what it might be worth. Serial number is *****
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: There is another number too 13372563
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the inscription is dated 1907
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case (where it should show a gold assay mark) and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case. It is normal for the case and movement to be made by different makers. Thank you!