rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a light sugar bowl... Appears to have a Japanese and

Customer Question

I have a light green sugar bowl... Appears to have a Japanese and Chinese flag on bottom with star and crescent moon. Might be painted with gold embellishments? Would like information on this please.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

This is a circa 1910 Japanese porcelain sugar bowl with hand painted decoration

and highlighted in gold enamel paint. The mark on the bottom is that of the New York importer, AA Vantine,

a company who brought items to the US from Japan and China (sold through their catalogs and in department stores).

This bowl has a current value of $30.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.