Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Three 8 1/2 inch hard plastic Madame Kins. All are walkers,

Customer Question

Three 8 1/2 inch hard plastic Madame Alexander Kins. All are walkers, however one does not
walk anymore but I think can be fixed. On scale 1-5, 3 plus to 4 minus. Hair bit matted but all are in good to very good condition.
1 red hair, 1 blonde, one very short blonde hair
Accessories including straw hats, shoes, some original clothes, but most of the wardrobe
is hand made by my talented mother.
One original Mary Hoyer Doll with clothes. She was well loved, hair intact but matted.
How do I find a buyer without using e-bay?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sandy,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

The two dolls that are still functioning, if they are in perfect condition, should sell in the range of $100 each, including their clothing and accessories. The non-walker will be a tough sell, and you could expect to get approximately $20 for it.

Your best bet is to sell them locally. You can advertise on craigslist.com (free) or in your local newspaper. You can also put a notice on the bulletin board at your local supermarket. If none of that nets you a sale, most towns have consignment shops where you can consign the dolls. Local auctions are another option.

There is also an auction house that specializes in doll auctions twice a year. They are located in Nazareth, PA. Here is their information:

Dotta Auctions

dottaauction.com

(###) ###-####/p>

Their next doll auction is November 5.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Sandy.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Sandy,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.