Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I need an approximate value for my ANTIQUE (European) QUEEN

Customer Question

I need an approximate value for my ANTIQUE (European) QUEEN SIZE brass bed. It was a antique when I purchased it in 1975 From an antique store in Indianapolis, IN. Store owner
said it was from an estate sale. The width is unaltered, originally QUEEN, with lovely brass
headboard and footboard. The brass is original, no lacquer added, and has been hand polished by me since 1975. The headboard and footboard railing is original with the raised
nobs were wire or rope was originally attached to support mattress. The side rails are also
original but have been professionally altered welding several additional inches in length to
accommodate standard mattress and box springs. The side rails have also been altered
by removing the raised nobs and drilling holes to attach wooden slats with nuts and bolts
to support the mattress. I LOVE this brass bed but we now use a KING bed. I may list
it on Craigslist but need a value for our area.....southern Indiana near Bloomington, IN.
I will add a photo now and can add more photos (with and without bedding) to help you visualize it. Thank you for your professional advice. Ellen G. McKittrick
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo the bed!
Click the paperclip icon
Click the Browse icon
Click the Browse button
Select your file and click Open
Click OK
Click Insert
Click Save Changes on this page

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did post a photo with my question. Did you not see it? Ellen
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ellen,

There is no photo. It would appear with this question. You can send photos to***@******.***. photos forCustomer