Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

IJ have a felt doll which was given to me when i was about

Customer Question

IJ have a felt doll which was given to me when i was about seven years old. She has an apron and socks of a different fabric but the entire doll and her clothes are felt . She is about 18" tall and is dressed in a blue top with a blue and white stripped skirt. She has a blue 'bustle' for lack of a better word,with three groups of flowers and pleated decoration around the outside. Her hair is blonde and is the only thing I did that has changed since I received her. ( I combed it.) Her hat is flat with a small crown decorated with more flowers. Her eyes are blue and her cheeks pink,as are her lips. She has a full petticoat and bloomers. Her socks look to be knit and her shoes are felt as well. I have never taken her clothes off so do not know if there are any markings. I did look at the back of her neck, but there was not a mark. I would be grateful for any information you may have on this beautiful doll. Many thanks, ***** Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the doll and clear close ups of detail work. Any markings and labels also This will all help in giving you accurate information. You may post them by clicking on the file upload or send by email to***@******.*** and please put "forCustomerquot; so they forward the photos on to me. Thank you I look forward to helping you.