rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a sugar shaker with the markings of M.H&Co EP,

Customer Question

I have a sugar shaker with the markings of M.H&Co EP, MARTINOID.PAT 1602
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was a gift to me and I would like to know its value--or should I donate to a rumage sale??
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Thanks for looking!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 27 days ago.

This is a silver plated sugar shaker or muffineer made by Martin Hall and Co of Sheffield, England between 1880-1934.

For those that could not afford fine silver (sterling) the company created Martinoid, a white plated metal that would give the look of silver.

This piece is pattern number 1602. This piece has a current value of $30 to $40 retail.
Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 26 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.