rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 12 piece set of WS Derwood China, the Pattern name

Customer Question

I have a 12 piece set of WS George Derwood China, the Pattern name is***** 1941 can you tell me the value? I would like to sell it since I have two sets of China, this one which belonged to my ex-husbands grandmother and my own grandmothers Rosendale China
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get the picture?

No, there are no pictures here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me a business email or number to send them too?

If you email, you must
email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line
and be sure to use the same email that you used when you signed up for your account so they will recognize your account.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sent them and it came back as undeliverable.

That is the first time that has happened. Let's try this instead;
You can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

You could also try the +files feature again by reading these instructions.

The feature works best if you just do one photo, hit send, then do the next. Maybe they did not load for you earlier because

you tried more than one at a time. This link will help

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If it is all too much for you, I am happy to give an answer without pictures. I do like to have them, though, to make sure of what I am appraising.

Let me know if you would like me to answer without photos.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will this weekend I have to get ready for work

I will answer today so that I do not cause you any more frustration with getting photos.

A service for 12 in the Apollo shape, Radisson pattern china made by WS George Co of Pennsylvania; the pattern first introduced

in 1941 and discontinued in 1959, has a current value of $400 to $500 retail.

You mentioned Derwood, that is a different pattern than Radisson. I will add photos of each, Derwood being the pattern with the bouquet in the middle. The value for a service for 12 would be the same.

As for your grandmother's set of 'Rosendale' China. I think maybe you mean Rosedale? There was a pattern with this name made by 11 different makers, so let me know more succinctly what the bottom of one piece reads. Also let me know how many pieces are in this set.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit the submit button, thanks! No worries, we can still talk here about the other set after you click the stars.