How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2190
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Several.pieces of and Barton both 5001and5000...not hollow

Customer Question

Several.pieces of Reed and Barton both 5001and5000...not hollow ware.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Also have a Gorham heavy fruit dish and Towle creamer
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer:'am, my sister Lezlie Taylor Sherrin who died on 12-30-15 catalogued every piece of weaponry from the Civil war...unfortunately it was for ***** ***** and family...just curious as to if I have anything of value...
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

One of my main specialties is silver.
I will be pleased to help you.

I can only take one item or set of like items per question.

I will take your Reed and Barton items here.

If you would like to know about your other items, you will need to submit separate questions about them.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom. I also need a photo of the Reed and Barton pieces. I they are flatware, please describe what pieces you have.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,